7 Advantages to selling your home in the Winter in the Poconos
Is the dead of winter, during February, the right time of year to list my home for sale in the Poconos?
The advantages to listing your home for sale in February in the Poconos:
1) YOUR COMPETITION IS LESS - Many homeowners will take their home off the market during the winter months here in the Poconos not realizing that as a Vacation area with lots of ski resorts we have many Home Buyers in the Poconos for skiing and winter sports.
2) THE ABSORPTION RATE IS THE LOWEST IT HAS BEEN IN YEARS! Right now the Absorption rate in the Poconos is 11 months compared to August of 2012 when it was 18 months. (The Absorption Rate in months is the number of months that it would take to sell all the homes we have on the market for sale in the POCONOS at our current rate of sales). As spring arrives more and more sellers will put their homes on the market and the Absorption rate will go up, decreasing your chances to sell in todays marketplace.
3) LESS COMPETITION MEANS THE POSSIBILITY OF MORE SHOWINGS! You cannot sell your home if you cannot get that “right” Buyer into your home. The more showings you receive, the better your chances are of finding the Buyer for your home. With fewer homes for them to choose from, your chances are stronger that more buyers will come to see your home.
4) THE NUMBER OF HOMES BEING SOLD HAS BEEN ON THE INCREASE IN THE POCONOS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS IN A ROW! This is the first time we have seen the number of sales per month be on the increase, especially for several months in a row.
5) WINTER BUYERS ARE A MORE SERIOUS BUYER! Statistics have shown this for years.
Summertime can be a “fun” time to shop for homes therefore many Buyers are only contemplating buying a home versus, Yes we are looking to buy NOW!
6) INTEREST RATES ARE STILL AT AN ALL TIME LOW! Making this a more affordable time to buy than ever and numerous Buyers are taking advantage of these low interest rates and high inventory so get your home out there and get it seen.
7) THE VIEW IS MORE VISIBLE AND YOUR HOME MAY BE TOO! If your home offers a view the view will be even more astounding and apparent without the leaves on the trees and here in the woodsy Poconos your curb appeal may be more visible, as well as the size of the home. It will not be blocked by close growing limbs and shrubbery. In our woods sometimes it is hard to “see” the entire home due to the trees and leaves.
NOW is the Time To Sell! If you are thinking of selling your home and would like the help of a Reputable Realtor in the Poconos, please give me a call.
View Monroe County PA in a larger map
When looking for a Realtor© in the Poconos that will listen, assist and guide you without "pushing" you, contact Bobbie Smith. I would love to help.
Bobbie Smith, CRS
(Certified Residenial Specialist-CRS)
570-242-1891 Cell Best (Call or Text)
Email me now: firstname.lastname@example.org
All pictures, text, etc. stated within is the exclusive property of Bobbie Smith and cannot be copied or duplicated without written consent from Bobbie Smith. All statistics and data contained herein are obtained from reliable sources and are deemed reliable however each individual should always do their own research on each topic and derive their own conclusions. Any statements of opinion are just that, the opinions of Bobbie Smith. *Realtor is a registered trademark of NAR*