5 Reasons to Work Well with the OTHER AGENT is a great blog from Connie Harvey. And it is so true. We are all professionals pursuing the same end - to have a happy client and close a transaction. As professionals we should work together to do so, not "just the opposite." Thank you Connie for the post. I hope many will read it and take the info to heart.
5 Reasons to Work Well With the Other Agent
This afternoon we will close on a property that was supposed to close on Monday of this week. A two day delay is not the end of the world but it's sad that there are bad feelings probably on both sides. This could have been avoided if the Buyers' Agent had just communicated.
Without going into the details of this transaction, my thoughts go to this other agent and my first thought is I hope I never have to do business with them because it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Without further ado: 5 Reasons to Work Well with the Other Agent
1. The agent will surely tell their co-workers and everyone they know what a bad experience it was. When the Lender called Friday NIGHT to tell us that we were not closing on Monday, you had a responsibility to respond to emails and phone calls over the weekend. Your email Monday morning that said "I'm sorry, I've been busy and I missed that email" doesn't cut it. Besides, which of the 6 emails was "THAT"?
2. The agent will avoid showing your property and hope that you don't show theirs. When, in frustration, on Monday afternoon you got the email from us telling you that our contract would be void since you didn't bother to send and Extension to Close addendum and that we'd be putting the house back on the market, you called within 5 minutes. Do you just get the emails that worry you?
3. The agents clients will tell everyone they know about the experience. Monday as the Seller was cleaning the house, the power went off because you didn't give the Buyers the list of utilities and remind them that they needed to get them switched before closing. So your Buyer is getting a home that isn't totally clean.
4. It's not about you. It's about doing a good job for your clients. Your client did not get an extremely cheap 1 year old refrigerator because you failed to communicate with them that it was for sale. Sitting at the closing table and telling them was too late. The refrigerator was gone because we were giving you possession at closing. All personal items had to be gone.
5. Your reputation in the industry is all you have. Once you're known as someone difficult to work with other agents will go out of their way to avoid you. Agents don't like to work with agents that don't do their job, return phone calls and emails. They especially don't work well with agents that lie to them.
Just do your job. You make us all look bad when you don't.
My rant for the day.
When looking for a Realtor© in the Poconos that will listen, assist and guide you without "pushing" you, contact Bobbie Smith. I would love to help.
Bobbie Smith, CRS
(Certified Residenial Specialist-CRS)
570-242-1891 Cell Best (Call or Text)
Email me now: firstname.lastname@example.org
All pictures, text, etc. stated within is the exclusive property of Bobbie Smith and cannot be copied or duplicated without written consent from Bobbie Smith. All statistics and data contained herein are obtained from reliable sources and are deemed reliable however each individual should always do their own research on each topic and derive their own conclusions. Any statements of opinion are just that, the opinions of Bobbie Smith. *Realtor is a registered trademark of NAR*